Guyabano - Annona muricata Linnaeus

Also known as Guanabana and Graviola.The guyabano tree is relatively small. It usually grows from 8 to less than 20 feet high and is sensitive to very cold temperatures. The guyabano tree requires a lot of water, warmth and humidity and is usually grown in the tropics. It is cultivated commercially in Central & South America, West Africa, Asia and South Florida in limited numbers.It is eaten raw, the guyabano fruit is processed into candies, tarts, shakes, ice-cream, sherbets and other beverages.The juice of the fruit is taken orally as a herbal remedy for urethritis, haematuria and liver ailments.Studies are underway by leading medical institutes, universities and pharmaceutical companies of the healing properties of guyabano against cancers. Initial findings show that certain compounds and chemicals extracted from guyabano leaves, seeds, fruit and bark appear to kill cancer cells while leaving normal cells remain unaffected.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello thecaptivatedlife.blogspot.com blogger found your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://cheap-mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Richard

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive post, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

Anonymous said...

I just could not go away your web site before suggesting that I really loved the standard information a person supply for your visitors?

Is gonna be back ceaselessly in order to check up on new posts

Anonymous said...

Normally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to
ssay that this write-up very compelled me to check out
and do it! Your writkng stylpe has been amazed me. Thanks, very great article.